Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My Dad Died

There aren't words to describe the feelings I have experienced since 10:05pm Oct, 7, 2009.

These words of condolence from my niece....make life better for me today:

I'm really bad at dealing with death. I'm also really bad at offering my condolences regarding death. What I can say, though, is that I am TRULY sorry for your loss. I can't imagine what losing a parent is like. And I don't want to try to understand your pain.

What I do want to say is that I am incredibly proud of how hard you fought for your dad. If there is one thing that comes to my mind when I think of you, it's that you are a champion for family. You understand the familial ties and bonds that many people seem to easily forget. You are a crusader for family experiences, and see neither a time nor a financial constraint when it comes to relatives. You have dedicated so much of yourself and efforts to helping others. And it's something that I greatly admire you for.

Your dad was incredibly lucky to have you fight on his side. You saw no challenge too great, and seemed to never give up hope. You were the pillar of strength for your parents, and I imagine that your dad was proud of how much you fought, not only to preserve his life, but also to make it one worth living.

I was very sorry to hear about Dale's passing. And, again, I can't imagine what you are going through. But I hope that you are finding strength in those around you, and have taken solace in the fact that your father is no longer in pain, and smiling down on the amazing daughter that he raised.

My thoughts continue to be with you and your family
.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SO TRUE!

sheribomb said...

Thanks, Aunt Phyllis. I truly meant every word of it...