Monday, November 19, 2012

Just like every year before, I sit down in November and make plans to really enjoy the holidays.  I make lists of things to do throughout the 6 weeks leading up to Christmas and plan my attack on each item listed. 

Each year, I try and try and never do I get the items completed in an orderly fashion.  I'm rushing and frazzled and settling for second best by the third week of December.

Seriously, does anyone have the ability to really slow down and enjoy the holidays? 

I'm really have lots of reasons to celebrate the family this year - how to hold fast to a long list of wants, wishes and expectations?

The List:
1.  Family Christmas light neighborhood tour
2.  Christmas cookies baked for neighbors and friends
3.  Lake House decorated
4.  Christmas tree cut down
5.  Christmas cards sent out
6.  Company Christmas party
7.  Nutcracker in Colorado Springs
8.  December birthdays
9.  Church services/handbell performances
10.  Christmas gift shopping
11.  Packing/mailing/shipping
12.  Cooking/cleaning

Okay there it is ..the list or partial list.  The one that will haunt me for the next 6 weeks.  The one I won't complete.  Pretty much the same one I make out each year!

No comments: